Amelie: tackling the outside
The first thing that I need to deal with is the exterior. As you can see from the pictures below, while she's in pretty good shape for a nearly 50 year old camper, there are some issues with dings and damage, predominantly on the corners.
I'm using the greenest paint stripper I can find. It's slow going - I discovered that it's better - especially in the 90 degree heat we're having at the moment - to do small patches at a time, otherwise the stripper dries too quickly. Even so, it only gets through one layer of paint at a time and there are three on her. The blue, a mustard green and an original, very pretty red.
It all needs to go though. I'm taking it back to the metal so that I can be sure I get a good finish that will last. Once I've got all the paint off, the J-rails that go on the edges and some of the trim will also have to come off.