tropical/pnw styled shoot
Earlier this year I was asked by the team at OutliveCreatives to provide floral design and a couple of our plant-dyed table runners for a styled shoot that would blend tropical themes with the pacific northwest setting. At first it doesn't seem like the two worlds can live very comfortably together (I am much more in favour of working with botanical elements that we find naturally in the environment than with trying to shoe-horn the feel of the tropics into a Portland event), but when I started to develop the designs, I realized that if I stayed mostly with the greens evoked by the rainforests that exist in both places, the floral design could work!
Here are some of the lovely, light-filled images that Outlive has shared with me. I am really pleased with the fresh, bright palette.
Edited 12/3 to add that our shoot was featured on the lovely style and wedding blog, Style Me Pretty this week!
- Rentals - Pilar Llo, Vintage Mingle
- Glass Blown Vases - Lynn, Vitreluxe
- Gems - Andy Jones, Be Good Minerals
- Florist - Susanna Luck, Pistils & Stamen
- Cake - Rosy Williams, Rosycakes
- Stationary - Nick Hammond, Outlive Creative
- Dress Designer - Lena Medoyeff, Lena Medoyeff Studio
- Makeup Artist - Sarahi Welton, Pure Elegance
- Producer / Director- Jessi Rae, Outlive Creative
- Fine Art Photographer - Jessi Rae, Outlive Creative
- Cinematographer - Race Jones, Outlive Creative
- Drone Operator - Nolan Shearer, Outlive Creative
- Second Shooter - Corey Terrill, Picsure Photography
- Stylist - Jodi Erion
- Bride - Katie Cazier
- Groom - Skyler Goar
- Best Man - Derek Stryker
- Maid Of Honor - Brean Mcgill
- Officiant - Jimmy Hickey